Constructed in 1942, Wolverley Camp has had a varied
history. Its occupation began in 1943 when the US Army Medical Corps opened its award winning
52nd general hospital. After the hostilities in Europe had ceased the US Medical Corps
returned to the states and units of the British Army moved in along with German POWs. The
Royal Army Pay Corps has also occupied Wolverley Camp and at one point there were
plans to turn Wolverley Camp into a prison. Wolverley Camp is now a campsite which is used
as a leisure facility during the summer for camping and caravanning, it is also used as
an area to fly model aircraft in the summer months.